1. If the vet or shelter does not have a universal scanner your pet’s microchip may go undetected.
2. The microchip has migrated.
3. The person using the scanner isn’t thoroughly and properly scanning the pet.
4. The information on the microchip is not up to date with your contact information. (Depending on the brand of microchip it can take anywhere from 24 hours to 2 months to update your microchip information.)
5. You have to physically take the pet somewhere to be scanned!
So are we saying that your pet doesn’t need a microchip? Absolutely not! We are saying that microchips should be used WITH external ID tags and should not be used as the sole type of ID your pet has protecting them.
ID tags are your pet’s first line of defense for alerting people that they are lost and not a stray.
ID tags are the fastest way that anyone who finds your pet can help them get home fast.
undercollar® and Hanging Tags
undercollar® and hanging tags can both be registered together on the same account at www.petdwelling.com
HARNESSES AND LEASHES ARE PATENTED AND STRENGTH TESTED!