HOW QR CODE TAG WORKS FOR PET OWNER:
In the event one loses a pet, the person who finds the lost pet scans the QR tag and will see owner contact info you've provided, they'll be able to contact you in order to return your missing pet. You will be receiving an INSTANT EMAIL ALERT of the scanned location, you await on standby to hear of your lost pet and go toward the scanned location. At same time you want to make sure your profile contact information is up to date. In some cases, finders also contact Pet Dwelling Support for help. The Pet Dwelling platform has helped thousands of lost pets reunite with their owners in the last ten years.
HOW TO CREATE MULTIPLE PROFILES:
1. Create Account to create first pet profile.
2. Go to the ‘Pets+’ tab from the top menu to click Add New Pet to create additional pet profiles.
3. Click on the ‘Pets+’ tab to view and manage all your pets.
HOW TO EDIT PROFILE:
To editing the profile. First, log in to your account. Then, go to your pet's profile by tapping on your pet's picture from the top menu. You can edit the profile picture by tap the Camera icon on the profile image, edit name, "About Me" section or any other sections by Tap the (Pencil) icon to make changes. Tap on it and you will be able to edit the section. To save the information, simply tap anywhere else on the page.
HOW TO ACTIVATE TAG AND SCAN WITH YOUR PHONE (iOS, ANDROID):
By scanning with photo app on smartphone/tablet:
1. Log in and go to the pet profile page, scan the QR code on the tag to get to the activation page.
2. Enter the activation code and click activate. If you’re not logged in, click activate for your existing account and log in to the pet’s profile. Tag will be activated for that pet.
3. To activate for another pet, log out and repeat Step 1 & 2.
Activate your tag from your smartphone or tablet:
1. Log in to your account and tap on your pet's picture from the Pets+ tab.
2. Scroll down until you see “Activate New Tag” red bar and tap.
3. Enter the codes found on the tag and click “Activate”. The tag is now activated.
4. To activate for another pet, switch to another pet profile by clicking on that pet’s picture from the ‘Pets’ tab. Repeat Step 2 & 3 for more.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR SCAN LOCATION:
Once you point your phone’s camera at the QR code, you should see a pop-up notification prompt to go to the website of the QR code. Tap on it to open the link to your pet's profile and Allow Sharing Location when prompted. if you don't have your location service on, it might result in random location. We suggest you always have your location service on when you are testing your scanned location. You can do the following to share your scanned location.
1. Turn on your "Location Service", "Share My Location".
2. Select "While Using the App" in ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS for your default browser(Safari, Chrome or Firefox), Enable your "Precise Location".
3. "Share your Location" with Google Maps.
1. Turn on “Location” on your phone: Setting > Location > On.
2. Enable “Location Services” for improved accuracy: Setting > Location > Location services > enable all accuracy options
Starting with iOS 11, the Camera app can also scan QR codes, and, in our opinion, it provides the most inaccurate location due to the privacy laws.
If the location function doesn’t work on your phone's Camera app, then you can download one of these QR code scanning apps.
Android app: Kaspersky QR Scanner
IOS app: QR Code Reader & QR Scanner (by MixerBox)
Android & iOS: NeoReader QR & Barcode Scanner. QR Code Reader ϟ/QR Reader for Android (by Tap media)
Note: Free versions normally will contain ads. Make sure you don't mistakenly subscribe to a paid scanning App.
If you need further assistance, please submit your support request on PD support page: https://www.petdwelling.com/contact